Village Restorations & Consulting, Inc. has had the opportunity over the past 21 years to provide some unique and interesting exhibits for museums, historical societies even the United States Army and the Army Corp of Engineers. Below are pictures of a few of those projects which include props and also structures. For a full list of projects some small and some quite large take a look below. We welcome your questions and queries. Please see our Contact Us page for complete contact information.
About the Images
The images are just a sampling of the many museum projects we have built over the years. The Lewis & Clark Musuem allowed us to procure over 200 props from everything from trade beads to 1792 reproduction contract rifle. The log cabins inside the musuem added a great hands on for the visiting public. Upon completion, the blacksmith shop in Carlisle, Pa is used quite frequently for thier educational programs and special events. Fort Lee also uses their log structures for educational events throughout the year. The last few images represent a 1790 log fort known as Fort Nashborough. Located in the heart of downtown Nashville, it was built along the river. The new reproduction fort will be integrated into a downtown river walk area and is estimated to draw close to 12 million visitors each year.
The latest photo is of a smaller cabin and is just the first of four that we are building for the city of Standford, Ky. This will be a great addition for the existing block houses and will be used as an interpretive piece. Click on an image to see a larger view.
Onsite Expertise in Construction, Historic Carpentry, and Educational Services provided for the following:
- WWI American Trench Exhibit, Army Heritage & Education Center, Carlisle PA
- WWI German Pill Box, Army Heritage & Education Center, Carlisle PA
- Redoubt #10 Reproduction Exhibit, Army Heritage & Education Center Carlisle, PA
- Vietnam Exhibit, Army Heritage & Education Center, Carlisle PA
- Civil War Winter Cabins (4 total) Army Heritage & Education Center, Carlisle PA
- French & Indian War Way Station, Army Heritage & Education Center Carlisle, PA
- Hand Hewn Log Block House, Army Heritage & Education Center, Carlisle, PA
- Block House, Palisades Park Fort Lee, NJ
- Log Officer Cabin, Palisades Park, Fort Lee, NJ
- Timbered Blacksmith Shop, Army Heritage & Education Center, Carlisle, PA
- Two Entrance Hand Hewn Block Houses, NMLRA Museum, Friendship Indiana.
- Construction and erection of reproduction first period log cabin, Fort Necessity, Farmington, PA
- National Park Service Museum Exhibit, Harpers Ferry, WV
- First Period Reproduction Log Cabin, The Heinz Museum, Pittsburgh PA,
- Props, The Ronald Reagan Museum, CA,
- Props and Period Reproduction Log cabins and fireplaces, The State of Illinois Lewis & Clark Museum
- Reproduction Log Cabin, Conner Prairie Museum, Indianapolis
- Restoration, Juniata Woolen Mill, Everett, PA
- Reproduction and erection, Log cabin Gift Shop, Jean Bonnet Tavern, Bedford PA
- Restoration and rebuild, Similar House Tavern, Phillipsburg, PA
- Restoration & Rebuild, Historic White House Farm, Charlestown, WV
- Restoration & Reproduction, The Historic Coffee Pot, Bedford, PA
- Reproduction & erection of Jacob Prickett Log Cabin, Pricketts Fort, WV
- Restoration and re-erection of Nicolas Hawk Log Gun Shop, Jacobsburg, PA